This Fruity Green Smoothie is a great nutritious drink. It has some fruits and veggies to give you a healthy boost. I like to use the coconut water since it adds extra electrolytes. I read that Hawaiians call coconut water noelani, meaning ‘dew from the heaven’ as it has been used for both food and medicinal purposes. So why not use that instead of regular water?
I use a Magic Bullet but a blender will work as well. So easy to make…just put everything into the Magic Bullet or blender and let the ingredients mix together. The banana sweetens it up so don’t forget the banana! I also recently read that fully ripe bananas with dark patches have a substance that has the ability to combat abnormal cancer cells. The darker the patches, the higher the substance will be. I always have known riper bananas were better for baking but now there is another benefit. So don’t throw out those over ripe bananas! Put them to good use.
Smoothies are just so tasty and refreshing. And, so good for us! My little girl, who loves fruits and veggies, was my taste tester. She loved it. Really. She told me about five times that day how much she loved this smoothie! So give it a whirl and see for yourself! It not only tastes good but is good for you! :o)
Fruity Green Smothie
- Handful of dark greens about one cup
- 1 green apple sliced and cored with skin left on
- 1 red apple sliced and cored with skin left on
- 1 ripe banana sliced
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 6-8 ounces coconut water
- Ice as desired used about one cup
- Slice up apples, leaving skin on.
- Slice up banana.
- Place apples and coconut water in magic bullet or blender. Mix until well blended.
- Add in the banana and flax seed. Combine until mixed well together.
- Add the ice and mix until desired consistency