Our favorite chili recipe is so quick and easy…just like the name. It only uses five ingredients….yes five! And it doesn’t take that long to make. You might notice many of my recipes are “quick and easy”… I am a fan of those kinds of recipes. With life being so busy…when it’s not busy, I want to enjoy our family time. So, I really do try to have recipes that are quick and easy to make and taste delicious!
When I make chili, I like to use meatloaf mix which is a mix of ground beef and pork. Just seems to give it a little extra zing. But using ground beef will work also. You just need to brown the meat and drain off the excess fat. Then add in the salsa, sauce and water.
Sprinkle in the chili seasoning which will give the chili the delicious flavor. Yumm! Stir everything together well. Let it simmer for about 15 minutes. And there you have it, a quick and easy dinner recipe for your family! Sometimes we add a little shredded mozzarella cheese once served in the bowl.
I recently made this chili in breadbowls. Sooo yummy! Check out the recipe! They really are easy to make and make a perfect dinner for those chilly winter days.
Did you make this recipe? If so, please leave a comment and rating below. I love hearing from you.
Quick and Easy Chili
- 1 lb. meatloaf mix or ground beef
- 1 jar of mild salsa 16 ounce (you can use medium if like a little more of a kick)
- 1 ½ cup spaghetti sauce your favorite brand
- ¾ cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chili seasoning
- Mozzarella cheese if desired
- Brown the meat and drain off excess fat.
- Add in the salsa, sauce, water and chili seasoning.
- Stir ingredients in well.
- Simmer on low heat, about 15 minutes
- Serve in bread bowl or regular bowl.
- Garnish with shredded mozzarella cheese if desired.