This Dark Chocolate Banana Bread is so flavorful and delicious. With the addition of raspberries, this recipe will become a family favorite recipe in your house!
Banana Bread is a favorite breakfast or brunch recipe in our house. There are so many different ways to make it. This Dark Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe is for sure one of our favorites. Right up there with our Chocolate Chip Banana Bread and Buttermilk Banana Bread.
Or baking with them or making this delicious Homemade Raspberry Jam. And…when it’s the middle of winter, and you have a jar of homemade frozen raspberry jam…oh so good!
This banana bread recipe uses yogurt for added moistness, and at the request of my son, I added some chocolate chips. He loves chocolate like his mom!
- All-Purpose Flour
- Dark Chocolate Cocoa Powder
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
- Kosher Salt
- Brown Sugar
- Unsalted Butter, softened to room temperature
- Eggs, room temperature
- Ripe Bananas, mashed
- Plain Greek Yogurt, room temperature
- Vanilla Extract
- Fresh Raspberries, rinsed and pat dry
- Chocolate Chips
This recipe is one that you can whip up on a weekend morning or the day before. One of the best things about banana bread is that it almost seems better the next day!
No matter what…it’s delicious. Either you have the aroma of the bread baking as your family wakes up or have it taste extra moist the next day. Both ways are sure to please!
How to Make Dark Chocolate Banana Bread
Preheat your oven to 350°F. Then, generously grease your 9x5 pan with butter or line it with parchment paper.
Mix together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a bowl and set it aside.
In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs, one at a time, beating after each one.
Then add in the mashed banana, yogurt, and vanilla extract.
Slowly combine the dry ingredients with the banana mixture. Mix just until combined.
Stir in the chocolate chips, then gently fold in the raspberries with a spatula.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
Bake until a toothpick comes out clean, about 60-70 minutes. Cool slightly before serving.
- I would suggest taking out the cold ingredients and letting them get to room temperature. I have learned that this helps them incorporate with the other ingredients better.
- One important tip for when you are making this…when adding in the raspberries, make sure you gently fold them into the batter with a spatula. They are so delicate they can fall apart if mixed in too much.
Make Banana Muffins
This dark chocolate raspberry banana bread recipe is SO easy to turn into muffins! I turned them into an easy chocolate muffin recipe that I think you will love.
Serve a slice of warm raspberry banana bread topped with a smear of whipped honey butter - it's perfection!
Did you make this recipe? If so, please leave a comment and rating below. I love hearing from you.
Dark Chocolate Raspberry Banana Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup dark chocolate cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter (1 stick) softened to room temperature
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 3 ripe bananas mashed
- ⅓ cup plain greek yogurt room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh raspberries rinsed and pat dry
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Generously grease your 9x5 pan with butter or line with parchment paper.
- Mix together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a bowl. Set aside.2 cups all-purpose flour, ¼ cup dark chocolate cocoa, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs, one at a time, beating after each one.1 cup brown sugar, ½ cup unsalted butter, 2 eggs
- Then add in the mashed banana, yogurt, and vanilla extract.3 ripe bananas, ⅓ cup plain greek yogurt, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Slowly combine the dry ingredients to the banana mixture. Mix just until combined.
- Add in the chocolate chips. Gently fold in the raspberries with a spatula.1 cup fresh raspberries, ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake until toothpick comes out clean, about 60-70 minutes. Cool slightly before serving.