Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is a classic and beloved treat that is easy to make and is perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth. This delicious and moist loaf combines the flavors of ripe bananas and melted chocolate to create a mouth-watering dessert.
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast, a mid-day snack, or a decadent dessert, this simple and easy-to-follow recipe is sure to become a new family favorite. So, gather up your ingredients and get ready to make a mouth-watering and irresistible loaf of Chocolate Chip Banana Bread today!
This Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is so moist and delicious. The flavors of the banana and chocolate go so well together!
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
- Ground Cinnamon
- Brown Sugar
- Butter (1 stick) softened to room temperature
- Eggs, at room temperature
- Ripe Bananas, mashed - The best bananas for baking banana bread are very ripe bananas. You want to choose bananas that are turning black or are completely black, but are not yet moldy.
- Vanilla Extract
- Semisweet Chocolate Chips
Bananas not ripe enough? Place them in a brown bag, and they will ripen up faster. Once your bananas have ripened, you are ready to go.
- A Loaf Pan
- Mixing Bowls
- Measuring Cups and Measuring Spoons
- Parchment Paper and/or Cooking Spray
How to Make It
So let’s get baking with those ripe bananas!
This recipe is very quick and easy to make. And…banana bread is so versatile as it can be a dessert, breakfast, or a little after-school treat.
Take your butter and eggs out ahead of time, so they are at room temperature.
Preheat your oven to 350°F. Either line your 9x5 loaf pan with parchment paper (grease any areas that are not covered) or generously grease your loaf pan.
Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or a large bowl with a hand mixer, beat the butter and sugar until it is light and fluffy.
Add the eggs one at a time, beating after each one is added. Mix in the mashed banana, milk, and vanilla extract.
Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix just until the ingredients are combined. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand.
Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan.
Place it in your oven and bake for 60 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Let it cool slightly on a wire rack before serving.
How to Store Banana Bread
Banana bread should be stored in an airtight container or on a dish covered with plastic wrap. It should stay fresh for up to five days. It can also be stored in your refrigerator for up to a week, or it can be frozen.
Want to freeze your banana bread?
Place it into a freezer bag and seal it. Make sure you get most of the air out of the bag. (I like to suck the air out with a straw or use a vacuum sealer.) Place the bag into another freezer bag and make sure to get the air out of that bag as well. This will help to prevent freezer burn.
Tip: Label the bag with the date and eat the bread within three months.
To thaw the bread, leave it out on the counter for at least an hour. If you want to eat it for breakfast, you can take it out the night before.
Tasty tip: Banana bread is often better the next day. I like to make banana bread and save it for the next morning (if I can resist!) since the banana seems to soften the bread up after a day. Warm up a slice for breakfast with a little bit of butter on it, and serve it with a fruit smoothie!
More Banana Recipes
When I recently made this for my family ( AKA my "taste testers"), I asked them to rate it from 1 to 10, with 10 being the best.
They rated the bread, "one million and nine." We hope you enjoy this banana bread just as much as we did. :o)
Did you make this recipe? If so, please leave a comment and rating below. I love hearing from you.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line your 9x5 loaf pan with parchment paper, greasing the areas that are not covered with the paper. If not using parchment paper, generously grease the loaf pan.
- Mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs on at a time, beating after each one is added. Add in the mashed banana, milk and vanilla.
- Combine the dry ingredients to the banana mixture. Mix just until combined. Add in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake until toothpick comes out clean, about 60 minutes. Cool slightly before serving.