This No Bake Eclair Cake is a simple recipe that will wow your guests. It is a crowd pleaser for sure!
This recipe for Éclair cake is one my mom used to make when I was a kid. I remember always being so excited when she was making it. It still is a favorite dessert recipe of mine. It is quick and easy to prepare which always scores points in my book!
Five ingredients are all it takes to make this delicious dessert!
How to make Eclair Cake:
- Whisk the pudding mix and milk together for two minutes, until the pudding mix is dissolved.
- Using a spatula, gently fold the cool whip into the pudding mixture until well blended.
- Line the bottom of a 13 x 9 baking dish with graham crackers.
- Spread half of the pudding mix onto the graham crackers evenly so that it so it covers the graham crackers.
- Add another layer of the graham crackers over the pudding mix.
- Spread the rest of the pudding mix on the graham crackers.
- Add one more layer of graham crackers to the top of the cake.
- Frost the top with the chocolate frosting.
- Chill finished cake overnight or 8 hours.
- Serve chilled.
To make the chocolate frosting spread out easier, place the frosting in the microwave and heat it for 15 seconds. Stir the frosting and it will be softer and easier to spread.
While this dessert can be made quickly, it does need to chill in the fridge overnight or 8 hours to set.
No Bake Eclair Cake
This No Bake Eclair Cake tastes just like you are biting into an eclair. It is a crowd pleaser!
- 2 boxes (3.4 ounce packages) vanilla instant pudding mix
- 3 1/2 cups cold milk
- 8 ounces Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 (16 ounce container) chocolate frosting
- 1 (14 ounce package) graham crackers
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the pudding mix and milk for two minutes, until pudding mix is dissolved.
Using a spatula, gently fold in the cool whip until well blended.
Place a single layer of the graham crackers on the bottom of 13x9 baking dish.
Evenly spread half of the pudding mixture over the graham crackers.
- Repeat layering the graham crackers and spread the other half of the pudding mixture onto the graham crackers.
Top with another layer of graham crackers.
Spread chocolate frosting on the top layer of graham crackers.
Chill cake overnight (or 8 hours) until it is set before serving.
Store any remaining cake in the refrigerator.
To make the frosting a little easier to spread, microwave it for 15 seconds and stir before spreading it on the graham crackers.