If you are looking for a refreshing and healthy drink, indulge in the tropical flavors of this Pineapple Mango Smoothie. You will only need four simple ingredients to make this delicious smoothie that is perfect for a wholesome breakfast or a healthy snack on the go.
The tropical flavors of this Tropical Pineapple Mango Smoothie make me want to be relaxing on a beach somewhere on a tropical island! Someday....but for today, I sit in the comfort of my home and sip this refreshing drink!
This easy smoothie recipe uses just four ingredients, along with water or juice. It blends up easily and can be made in less than 10 minutes. It is made with fresh ingredients and is an easy way to add a big serving of fruit to your healthy breakfast or afternoon snack.
I make smoothies for my family, typically once to twice a week. Sometimes I get on a smoothie kick, and we make them more often. This smoothie is quick and easy to make, not to mention nutritious and delicious!
- Fresh Pineapple Chunks
- Frozen Mango Chunks - If you want to use fresh mango, you can use a frozen banana instead of the fresh banana; you just don't want to use all frozen fruit, or it will be too thick to drink. A fresh, ripe mango will add a delicious flavor to this healthy smoothie.
- Fresh Banana - If you want to use frozen bananas in your smoothie, use fresh mango.
- Water, Coconut Water, Pineapple Juice, or Orange Juice
- Optional - Ground Flaxseed, Chia Seeds, or Hemp Seeds
When we make smoothies in our house, we don't often use dairy milk. We are not fans of mixing fruit with milk, so we like to use water or coconut water. If you want to make this smoothie a bit more of a Tropical Smoothie, you can use coconut milk.
This article has a great list of liquid ingredients to add to your smoothies. You can use your favorite non-dairy milk in place of the water if desired - soy milk, almond milk, hemp milk, or oat milk. And if you want to increase the protein, you could add a scoop of protein powder, just be sure to use a plain flavor or vanilla protein powder. You could also add a little bit of Greek yogurt.
We always make sure to add some frozen fruit to our smoothies. Adding frozen fruit chills the smoothie and also makes it thicker, but too much will make it difficult to drink. If you want a thicker smoothie, you can use more frozen fruit.
- A High-Speed Blender or Food Processor
- Measuring Cups
How to Make The Smoothies
Making a Pineapple Mango Smoothie is so easy! You will have them made in 5-10 minutes.
First, place the water and frozen mango into your blender. Adding liquid to the bottom of the blender makes it easier for the blender to puree the ingredients, and it doesn't have to work as hard. Next, add the fresh pineapple, bananas, and ground flaxseed.
Blend until everything is combined.
Serve it right away so that your smoothie will be cold and refreshing!
This easy recipe makes about four cups. When I make it for my family of four, we typically split it for a healthy afternoon snack or as a drink with breakfast.
How to Store Leftovers
Have leftovers? Place any leftover smoothie in your refrigerator for up to two days. It might separate or settle, so give it a little stir before serving.
- Using frozen fruit along with fresh fruit in your smoothie helps to chill it and make it a little thicker. Want to make it even thicker? Add a cup of ice cubes to the smoothie mix.
- Use those ripened bananas that are sitting in your kitchen for smoothies! Read this article about the health benefits of overripe bananas.
- We like to use ground flaxseed in our smoothies, but chia seeds or hemp seeds are also a great option.
- It is best to serve this smoothie right after making it, as this taste of the tropics tastes best when it is nice and cold.
- If you have any extra, keep it in your refrigerator for up to two days.
- Add a bit of a ripe avocado to add a nice creamy texture to the smoothie.
Want More Kid-Friendly Smoothie Recipes?
My family loves smoothies as an afternoon healthy snack or to add to a healthy breakfast. Smoothies are a great healthy snack for kids. They taste great, and they are nutritious...a win for kids and for parents!
Try mixing it up with a few of our favorite kid-friendly smoothies like Apple Smoothies(one of my favorites!), Blueberry Smoothies, Strawberry Banana Smoothie Bowls, and Strawberry Pineapple Smoothies.
- Make a Pineapple Mango Blueberry Smoothie by adding half a cup of blueberries to the smoothie.
- Make it a Green Smoothie by adding a huge handful of greens.
- Make it an adult cocktail by adding your favorite spirits - coconut rum would be so delicious 😉
Homemade Popsicles, Anyone?
If you love to make smoothies, you will also love to make Healthy Popsicles for your family. Homemade Popsicles are easy to make and are made of just a few healthy and natural ingredients.
Try our Fruit Popsicles as well! You can make them from your favorite fruits, and they are perfect for beating the summer heat.
Did you make this recipe? If so, please leave a comment and rating below. I love hearing from you.
Pineapple Mango Smoothie
- 1 cup pineapple fresh
- 2 cups mango frozen
- 2 bananas fresh
- 1 cup water or coconut water
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- First, place the water and frozen mango into your blender.2 cups mango, 1 cup water
- Next, add the fresh pineapple, bananas, and ground flaxseed.1 cup pineapple, 2 bananas, 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- Blend until smooth, and everything is combined.
- Serve it right away so that your smoothie will be cold and refreshing! Store any leftover smoothie in the refrigerator.
This recipe was originally earlier, but was published again in 2021 to include step-by-step directions and improved photos and was updated again in 2023.