If you are looking for a refreshing and healthy drink, this Pineapple Mango Smoothie is for you. You will only need four ingredients to make this delicious smoothie that is perfect for breakfast or a healthy snack.
This smoothie makes me want to be somewhere tropical relaxing on a beach! Someday....but for today I sit in the comfort of my home and sip this refreshing drink!
This smoothie recipe uses just four ingredients along with water. It blends up easy and can be made in 5-10 minutes. It is a quick and easy healthy beverage to add to your breakfast or afternoon snack.
I make smoothies for my family typically once to twice a week. They are quick and easy to make, not to mention nutritious and delicious!
Ingredients you will need:
When we make smoothies in our house, we don't use milk. We are not fans of mixing fruit with milk so we like to use water or coconut water. This article has a great list of liquid ingredients to add to your smoothies.
We also make sure to add some frozen fruit to our smoothies. By adding frozen fruit, it chills the smoothie and also makes it thicker.
Step by Step Directions:
Making this Pineapple Mango Smoothie is so easy! You will have it made in 5-10 minutes.
First, place the water and frozen mango into your blender. Then add in the fresh pineapple, bananas and ground flaxseed.
Blend until everything is combined.
Serve it right away so that your smoothie will be cold and refreshing for you!
This recipe makes about four cups. When I make it for my family of four, we typically split it for a healthy afternoon snack.
Have leftovers? Place any leftover smoothie in your refrigerator for up to two days.
- Using some frozen fruit along with fresh fruit in your smoothie helps to chill it and make it a little thicker. Want to make it even thicker? Add in some ice cubes to the smoothie mix.
- Use those ripened bananas that are sitting in your kitchen for smoothies! Read this article about the health benefits of overripe bananas.
- We like to use ground flaxseed in our smoothies, but chia seeds are also a great option.
- It is best to serve this smoothie right after making it as it tastes best chilled.
- If you have any extra, keep it in your refrigerator for up to two days.
More kid friendly smoothies:
My family loves smoothies as an afternoon healthy snack. Smoothies are great healthy snack for kids. They taste great and are nutritious...a double win for kids and parents!
Homemade popsicles anyone?
If you love to make smoothies, you will also love to make Healthy Popsicles for your family. Homemade Popsicles are easy to make and are made of just a few healthy ingredients. Try our Fruit Popsicles also!
Did you make this recipe? I would love to hear from you by leaving a comment and rating in the comments below!
Pineapple Mango Smoothie
- 1 cup pineapple fresh
- 2 cups mango frozen
- 2 bananas fresh
- 1 cup water or coconut water
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- Place all ingredients into your blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately. Store any leftover smoothie in the refrigerator.
This recipe was originally earlier, but was published again in 2021 to include step by step directions and improved photos.