Have you ever been in a rut as to what to make for breakfast? I recently wanted to make eggs but not scrambled eggs like we normally have.
I love making our Breakfast Pizza recipe, but didn’t have the flatbread pizza’s I needed for that recipe. So, I was thinking what else can I make with eggs that will make everyone in my family happy? In came the idea of making Egg Muffins! They were so easy to make and I have to tell you my family loved them.
It’s kind of like making scrambled eggs, but easier because you just place them in the oven to cook away! We like to add onion and pepper to our eggs along with some cheese so that is what we put in our egg muffins. But, really you could add in whatever you like in your eggs. The nice thing about doing eggs this way is that you can make the eggs to each person’s likings.
My daughter is not a big fan of peppers…depending on the day of the week. Hahaha…that is always fun and makes preparing meals that she likes interesting.
I will make something she loved the last time I made it to get “I don’t like this” the next time. One of the fun things with parenting! So, like I was saying, you can make each Egg Muffin the way each person likes them. I usually skip the peppers or put less peppers in for my daughter’s egg muffins to make her happy. The first time I made them, she loved them so much we were surprised that she ate so many of them!
To make them, just whisk together the eggs in a bowl. Add in the hot sauce and milk and whisk a little more until everything is combined well. Adding in the hot sauce to the eggs was my husband's idea. He loves to add hot sauce to lots of things that he eats. The amount of hot sauce used doesn't make them hot at all...just adds a little flavor to them. Mix in the pepper, onion and cheese using your whisk. Pour about 1/3 cup into each lined muffin cup and sprinkle each one with a little bit more cheese. Place the muffin pan in your preheated oven (350 degrees) and cook for 20-25 minutes.
They come out delicious and I hope you enjoy them as much as my family and I do. They make a great breakfast. They are also a great “breakfast for dinner” recipe for those nights when you just don’t know what to make. We all have those nights, right?!
This post is not sponsored, but you will find affiliate links on this page. The price you pay as a consumer does not change, but I may make a small commission based on your purchase. Thank you for supporting Jeannie’s Tried and True Recipes!
- muffin tin
- 10 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 small red or green pepper finely diced (about ½ cup)
- 1 small onion finely diced (about ½ cup)
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese to sprinkle over the eggs once in muffin cups
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place liners in muffin cups.
- Whisk the eggs. Add in the hot sauce and milk. Add in the pepper, onion and ½ cup cheese to the eggs.10 large eggs, 2 teaspoons hot sauce, 2 tablespoons milk, 1 small red or green pepper, 1 small onion, ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Pour ⅓ cup of egg mixture into each muffin cup.
- Sprinkle two tablespoons of shredded cheese over the eggs.2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- Bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes.