This Easy Breakfast Pizza with Ham & Eggs makes a delicious breakfast, brunch, or easy dinner recipe. It can be made on a whole wheat pita or a flour tortilla for a quick, family-friendly breakfast.
Just about everyone loves a good pizza. I know we do here at our house. Not just pepperoni and cheese pizza… although that is probably our favorite.
We love to try to have something fun for our weekend breakfasts since weekday breakfasts can be kind of hectic. (We often have breakfast smoothies that we can grab on the go!) This is one of those weekend-worthy recipes.
You probably even have most of these ingredients in your fridge or pantry already. We like to use ham but you can substitute either bacon or sausage if you'd like - whatever you have in your fridge or freezer.
Breakfast Pizza Ingredients
- Olive Oil
- Onion, diced
- Green Pepper, diced
- Ham, diced - This recipe is a great way to use up leftover holiday ham. You can also use sausage or bacon if that is all you have in the freezer. Or, omit the meat and make a Vegetarian Breakfast Pizza.
- Hot Sauce
- Shredded Cheese (Monterey Jack, Colby, Cheddar, or Mozzarella)
- Whole-Wheat Pitas or Tortillas
- Chives optional
How to Make Breakfast Pizza
Breakfast Pizza is pretty simple to make. You will need to make scrambled eggs first and then add those to the flatbread crust.
Our special ingredient for our scrambled eggs is hot sauce. This idea came from my husband, who loves hot sauce. It does not make the eggs hot or spicy… trust me, I would not be eating them if that were the case! I think the hot sauce just gives a little kick to the eggs.
While the eggs are cooking, preheat your oven to 425°. Cover each flatbread with a little olive oil on one side. Once you have the eggs cooked, scoop about ¾ cup of the egg mixture onto each flatbread (with the olive oil side facing up).
Sprinkle about ¼ cup of cheese over the eggs on each pizza. The type of cheese you use is totally up to you. We like to use Monterey Jack or mozzarella.
Place them on the covered cookie sheet at 425° for 5 - 8 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the edges are slightly browned.
Serve warm. Garnish with chives. (Optional, but highly recommended.)
It's so delicious! Look at the melty cheese. It's like an omelet on a pizza 🙂
Stay tuned for more tried and true yummy pizza recipes!
Did you make this recipe? If so, please leave a comment and rating below. I love hearing from you.
Breakfast Pizza with Ham & Eggs
- 1 baking sheet
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced (about ½ cup)
- 1 green pepper, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup ham, diced (about 1 cup)
- 8 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup shredded cheese (monterey jack colby or mozzarella)
- 4 whole wheat pitas
- Olive oil
- Chives optional
To make scrambled eggs
- Place olive oil, diced onion, pepper and ham in skillet on medium heat. Cook until tender.2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 small onion, diced, 1 green pepper, diced, 1 cup ham, diced
- Whisk together the eggs, milk and hot sauce in a bowl. Add to the skillet.8 large eggs, 2 tablespoons milk, 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- Cook until eggs are light and fluffy, stirring occasionally.
To make breakfast pizza
- Preheat oven to 425° while eggs are cooking.
- Cover your cookie sheet with parchment paper or foil. Brush a little olive oil over one side of each flat bread. Leave olive oil side facing up.Olive oil, 4 whole wheat pitas
- Once eggs are cooked, scoop eggs onto the flatbread (about ¾ cup).
- Sprinkle cheese over the eggs (about ¼ cup).1 cup shredded cheese
- Place in the oven and cook 5-8 minutes.
- Serve warm.
- Garnish with chives, if desired.Chives