If you like chicken wings, you are going to love this pizza! This recipe for Buffalo Chicken Wing Pizza is one that my husband’s friend has shared with me. They have an annual hockey game with the after party at his house and thankfully family are welcome…it is great to see everyone but also his food is amazing! So, when he offered to share some of his recipes with me, I had to say yes…
When you take a bite into this Buffalo Chicken Wing Pizza, it tastes just like you are biting into a chicken wing. Seriously. I can’t believe how much it tastes like a chicken wing! It is really that good.
I have been buying my pizza dough at our favorite pizzeria lately. It is reasonably priced, good dough and it saves on time. What do you prefer…making your own dough or buying it? Either way, let’s talk pizza making…
This recipe is written to make one pizza. When I make it for my family I make two because I have a teenage boy in my house…if you have a teenage boy, you really understand that sentence! ;o) So, if you want to make two, just make sure to double all the ingredients.
You will need to cook the chicken at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. While the chicken is cooking, make the chicken wing sauce base. In a bowl, combine all the seasonings together. Melt your butter and whisk together with the seasonings. Once they are mixed well, set aside. When the chicken is done, cut it up into small pieces.
Each pizza will use three tablespoons of the chicken wing base sauce plus the hot sauce. Add in how much hot sauce you want to have on your pizza…one tablespoon for mild, two tablespoons for medium and three for hot. I make one mild and one medium because my husband and son can take the heat more than my daughter and myself. Once you have the hot sauce mixed in with the three tablespoons of chicken wing base sauce, pour it over the chicken and mix until all the chicken is coated with the sauce. The extra base sauce can be stored in the freezer for another time. Just warm it up when you want to use it next time you make this pizza.
3 tablespoons chicken wing base sauce + 1 tablespoon hot sauce = mild flavored pizza
3 tablespoons chicken wing base sauce + 2 tablespoons hot sauce = medium flavored pizza
3 tablespoons chicken wing base sauce + 3 tablespoons hot sauce = hot flavored pizza
Preheat your oven to 450 degrees and get your dough ready in your pizza pan or baking sheet. If you don’t have a pizza pan, your baking sheet will work also. Once you have your dough spread out on your pizza pan, spread the blue cheese over the pizza crust as your sauce for the pizza. Then add the chicken to the pizza, placing it over the pizza dough evenly. Sprinkle parmesan cheese over the chicken, enough to soak up the sauce. Then sprinkle your mozzarella and asaigo cheeses over the pizza.
Place in the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes. Let it sit in the pan for five minutes. If you like, sprinkle some chives over the pizza. Then run a knife around the edges and use a spatula to get it out of the pan . Cut, serve and enjoy!
Since I am a native Buffalonian, recipes like this are what we make when we have parties or big sport weekends like the Superbowl, hockey playoffs, etc. Chicken wings go with pizza…that is just how it goes here in my hometown. So this pizza hits the spot each time. Another favorite recipe we love is Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip. It is so easy to make and also goes great with pizza or just to have at at party or game night kind of thing. Where are you from and what is your “hometown thing to eat?”
- Pizza dough for one pizza, from your favorite pizzeria, store or homemade
- 1/2 lb.chicken breast, cooked and diced small
- 1/4 cup blue cheese dressing
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded asiago cheese
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Hot sauce (I use Frank’s Hot Sauce) 1-3 tablespoons, depending on your heat preference
- Chives to garnish, optional
- 2 teaspoons celery salt
- ½ tablespoon garlic powder
- ¾ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ tablespoon nutmeg
- ½ tablespoon onion powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, melted
- Cook the chicken breasts in the oven at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Once slightly cooled cut into small pieces.
- While the chicken is cooking, make the chicken wing sauce.
- To make the chicken wing base sauce, combine all seasonings in a medium sized bowl and mix well. Combine the melted butter to the spices and whisk together. You will need three tablespoons of this base sauce per pizza. The extra sauce can be stored in the freezer.
- After chicken is cooked, adjust your oven temperature to 450 degrees.
- In a small bowl combine three tablespoons of the chicken wing base sauce and the hot sauce. Add one tablespoon of hot sauce for mild, two tablespoons for medium and three for hot. Pour over the chicken in a bowl and mix until all the chicken is coated with the chicken wing sauce.
- Spread blue cheese on your pizza dough as you would your pizza sauce.
- Spread the chicken over the pizza crust evenly. Sprinkle the parmesan cheese over the chicken, enough to soak up the sauce.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella and asiago cheeses over the pizza.
- Cook it at 450 degrees in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Let the pizza sit for 5 minutes. Run a knife around the edges and use a spatula to get it out of the pan. Cut and serve.
- Recipe makes one pizza.