Are you a taco lover? Then you will have to try this recipe for Taco Pizza! One summer we were on a kick with tacos with using fresh cilantro from our herb garden.
Taco’s once a week was great but then we wanted to try something different. Taco pizza it was. It’s basically everything you would put in your taco, but on pizza dough instead. I am pretty sure you are going to love this recipe.
As I write this, I think about fresh cilantro from our herb garden in the backyard during the warmer months. It is usually right about now that I get excited thinking about the farmer’s market opening in a couple of months. The fresh herbs, fruit and vegetables…but, until then, we buy it from the local grocery store.
This recipe is a great quick and easy recipe for dinner. You will need to cook your beef in your skillet. I recently bought a Lodge cast iron skillet and love it! I love the way it cooks…it cooks a little quicker than my old regular skillet. So, once you have your meat browned, drain the beef and add in the taco seasoning and water.
I make my own taco seasoning. The seasoning is made of just six ingredients and I bet you have most if not all in your kitchen right now. It's great to make my own because the flavor is so much better than store-bought and it has less sodium. I also really like that I know what exactly is in there. For one pound of beef, add two teaspoons of the taco seasoning and ½ tablespoon water and mix well. Turn the heat down to low and simmer while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
Once you have your tomatoes and onion sliced and the cilantro chopped, prepare your pizza dough. I have been buying my pizza dough from our favorite pizzeria and it works well. Homemade dough is great, but it really does save time to buy the dough instead.
Use your favorite dough and spread the dough onto your pizza pan or baking sheet. Pour the taco sauce evenly over the dough. Sprinkle the cooked beef evenly over the sauce. Then add the toppings...the cheese, tomatoes, onion, olives and cilantro.
Place into your 450 degree preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes. Drizzle fresh lime juice over pizza slices if you like lime on your tacos. Enjoy!
This recipe makes one pizza. I double it and make two for my family. It always seems like one is not enough, two is too many. My teenage son loves this pizza so one would not be enough. Having leftovers is perfect for lunch!
Did you make this recipe? If so, please leave a comment and rating below. I love hearing from you.
- pizza dough store bought or homemade
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup taco sauce
- 1 cup tomatoes sliced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or taco cheese
- ¼ cup black olives sliced
- 2 tablespoons red onion finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro chopped
- fresh lime juice optional
- Preheat your oven to 450°F.
- Cook the beef on medium heat. Once the meat is browned, drain off excess the fat.1 lb ground beef
- Add the taco seasoning and water to the beef and mix well. Simmer on low heat while you prepare the other ingredients.2 teaspoons taco seasoning, ½ cup water
- Spread the pizza dough onto your pizza pan or baking sheet. Pour the taco sauce over the dough evenly. Spread the beef over the sauce evenly. Add the cheese, tomatoes, onion, olives, and cilantro.pizza dough, 1 lb ground beef, ½ cup taco sauce, 1 cup tomatoes, 1 cup shredded cheddar or taco cheese, ¼ cup black olives, 2 tablespoons red onion, 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- Place into the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Drizzle fresh lime juice and more cilantro over the pizza slices if desired.fresh lime juice