Making Pizza Rolls in the Air Fryer is a quick & easy way to make a delicious snack that is crispy on the outside and melty and warm on the inside.
Have you ever taken a bite of a freshly microwaved pizza roll and felt like you were biting into a fiery inferno, scalding the roof of your mouth? (Don't lie - you know you have.)
If you make pizza rolls in the Air Fryer, they get nice and crispy on the outside and warmed on the inside - but the inside doesn't turn to lava - it just gets nice and warm.
Don't get me wrong - they are still hot, but the inside isn't as bubbly as they get in the microwave. This is honestly the best way to heat up frozen pizza rolls. (And it has become the only way that we make them now!)
- 🥣 What You Need to Air Fry Pizza Rolls
- 🍕 How to Air Fry Pizza Rolls
- 👩🍳 Can you make homemade air fryer pizza rolls?
- How to Store Leftover Pizza Rolls
- 🙋♀️ Frequently Asked Questions
- 🧺 Do I Need to Spray the Basket or Use Parchment Paper?
- 🥗 What to Serve with Pizza Rolls
- 🍕 More Pizza Recipes to Try
- Air Fryer Pizza Rolls (from Frozen)
🥣 What You Need to Air Fry Pizza Rolls
You cook your frozen pizza rolls right from the freezer - no need to let them thaw. In less than ten minutes, you have perfect pizza bites for an after-school snack or to feed the whole crew on game day, so you don't have to spend too much time in the kitchen.
- Of course, Pizza Rolls - I make the Aldi Brand Pizza Snacks (Mama Cozzi's) and Totino's Pizza Rolls using these instructions, and they both cook in the same amount of time.
- An Air Fryer - I have used both a Gourmia 7 Quart Air Fryer and our Cuisinart Toaster Oven Style Air Fryer to make this recipe.
- Optional: Extra Pizza Sauce, Ranch, or Marinara Sauce for dipping
🍕 How to Air Fry Pizza Rolls
Ready to find out how to cook pizza bites in an air fryer? It is so easy to make this tasty snack.
Preheat your air fryer, setting the Cook Time to 380°F for 7-9 Minutes. (Picture 1)
Once the air fryer is hot, tear open a bag of pizza rolls, then place a single layer of pizza rolls in the air fryer basket. (Picture 2)
You don't need to use cooking spray on the air fryer basket with pizza rolls - they won't stick - but you can if you want to. (Some people use parchment paper liners to line the basket - with pizza rolls, this really isn't necessary as they don't make a mess unless one explodes.)
Our Gourmia Air Fryer beeps and says "Add Food" when it is ready, and the Cuisinart Toaster Oven Style Air Fryer sometimes includes a preheat in its warming process. Sometimes, we have to preheat it manually - it depends on the preset that you choose.
Now, put the basket in the air fryer and cook the pizza rolls for 7 minutes.
About halfway through the cooking process, shake the air fryer basket to flip the pizza rolls over so that they cook evenly. (Picture 5) (The Gourmia Air Fryer beeps and says turn food halfway through, but the Cuisinart does not. Set a timer for about 4 minutes if you won't remember.)
Remove the pizza rolls when they are crispy and golden brown. Let them cool a little before digging in. Serve with ranch dressing, extra pizza sauce, or marinara for dipping. (Or whatever your favorite sauce is!)
Recipe Tip: The cooking time might vary depending on the brand, style, and age of your air fryer, so check the pizza rolls around 6 minutes to ensure that they do not burn. If the pizza rolls don't seem to be fully cooked after 8 minutes, continue cooking for an extra minute, then increase the cooking time in increments of 1 minute until they are cooked to your desired "doneness."
Once the pizza rolls have cooled a little, dig into this easy snack! The gooey cheese and crisp pizza rolls dipped into your favorite dipping sauce really hits the spot. I also like to top pizza rolls with a little bit of freshly grated parmesan cheese.
👩🍳 Can you make homemade air fryer pizza rolls?
Absolutely. Here is a great recipe if you want to make pizza rolls from scratch. There isn't much better than pizza dough or wonton wrappers stuffed with mozzarella cheese and tomato sauce - if you have time to make homemade pizza rolls, double the recipe and throw some in the freezer to reheat your air fryer for a quick snack. Future you will be happy you did.
How to Store Leftover Pizza Rolls
For best results, you should eat any pizza rolls that have been cooked. They won't be as good when you heat them up again. If you can't eat them all, store the leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Reheat the pizza rolls in the air fryer for 4 - 5 minutes to warm back up.
🙋♀️ Frequently Asked Questions
Pizza rolls should be cooked from frozen at 380°F for 7-9 minutes or at 400°F for 6-8 minutes.
If you cook your pizza rolls at 400°F, cook them for 6-8 minutes, giving the basket a good shake at the 3 minute mark, then check again at 6 minutes to ensure that they don't burn. Continue cooking in 1 minute intervals until the pizza rolls are golden brown - at the higher temperature, they can burn easily.
Yes, preheat your air fryer before putting in the pizza rolls to be sure that the air fryer is nice and hot when the pizza rolls are added. This will help them cook quickly and will get them nice and crispy instead of soggy.
You absolutely can, but for pizza rolls, there is no need to. I like to line the bottom of my air fryer with foil if I am cooking something that drips a lot to make cleanup easier. Just be sure that if you do this, you line only the bottom - do not block air from getting under the grates of the air fryer basket as that is how it cooks evenly - by circulating air. You can use perforated parchment paper if you want to line the basket and still allow air to circulate.
🧺 Do I Need to Spray the Basket or Use Parchment Paper?
You can, but for pizza rolls, there really is no need to. Pizza rolls aren't very sticky like things like chicken or french fries, and since they are cooking from frozen, they won't stick. If you do line your basket with parchment paper, just be sure to poke holes in it to make sure that air is still able to circulate around the pizza rolls.
🥗 What to Serve with Pizza Rolls
I like to serve pizza rolls topped with some parmesan cheese with a side or marinara sauce to dip them in. If you want to make a whole meal, you could serve them with a delicious salad.
- Strawberry Spinach Salad with Sesame Poppyseed Dressing
- Panera Fuji Apple Chicken Salad (Copycat Panera Bread)
- Antipasto Pasta Salad
- How to Make Balsamic Vinaigrette
🍕 More Pizza Recipes to Try
Did you make this recipe? If so, please leave a comment and rating below. I love hearing from you.
Air Fryer Pizza Rolls (from Frozen)
- 10 pizza rolls
For Serving, Your Favorite Dipping Sauce
- ranch dressing
- marinara sauce, served warm
- pizza sauce, served warm
- parmesan cheese
- Preheat your air fryer, setting the Cook Time to 380°F for 7-9 Minutes.
- Once the air fryer is hot, tear open a bag of pizza rolls, then place a single layer of pizza rolls in the air fryer basket.10 pizza rolls
- Put the basket in the air fryer and cook the pizza rolls for 7 minutes.
- About halfway through the cooking process, shake the air fryer basket to flip the pizza rolls over so that they cook evenly.
- Remove the pizza rolls when they are crispy and golden brown. Let them cool a little before digging in. Serve with ranch dressing, extra pizza sauce, or marinara for dipping. Top with some freshly grated parmesan cheese if desired.ranch dressing, marinara sauce, served warm, pizza sauce, served warm, parmesan cheese
Leave a Reply