One of our favorite weekend treats is Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip. My son always gets excited when he hears that I am making it. I usually make a homemade pizza and have this to go with it. It’s great for just us as a fun pizza night dinner or also is a crowd-pleaser at a party.
This recipe is so quick and easy to make! I use a rotisserie chicken but you can also use a cooked chicken breast. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. While your oven is preheating, cut up the cooked chicken to bite size pieces. Set that aside.
This can be made using a mixer or just your ‘muscles’ to mix. I have made it both ways. As long as the cream cheese is softened, it should be pretty easy to combine with the sour cream by hand.
In a medium sized bowl, combine the softened cream cheese and sour cream. Mix in the hot sauce (I use Frank’s hot sauce) and half of the cheddar cheese. Save the other half of the cheese for the top. Add in the cooked chicken and mix all the ingredients together well.
Scoop it into a 13×9 baking dish. Sprinkle the other half of the cheddar cheese on top. Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
Garnish with fresh chives if desired. Serve warm with some delicious tortilla chips and enjoy!
- 1 container (16 ounces) sour cream
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup hot sauce
- 1 Rotisserie chicken or one cooked chicken breast
- Chives, to garnish if desired
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut or shred the cooked chicken into bite sized pieces.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sour cream and cream cheese until blended together well.
- Mix in the hot sauce and half of the cheddar cheese.
- Add in the cooked chicken.
- Once all the ingredients are combined well, spread the mix into a 13x9 baking dish.
- Sprinkle the top with the remaining cheddar cheese.
- Place in the oven and cook for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with chives, if desired.