This Vegetable Soup that is made in your crockpot warms you up on a chilly day! It is so delicious and nutritious for you and your family.
Nothing warms me up when it is cold outside more than a warm bowl of soup. In our house, we love to make this soup and chicken soup in the crockpot.
We love making soup in the crockpot because the flavors mingle in there all day without having to do anything with it. You can make this before going to work or out for the day and come home to a warm, delicious meal.
- Frozen Corn
- Vegetable Broth
- Crushed Tomatoes
- Garlic Powder
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (optional)
- Tortilla Chips or Crunchy Bread (optional)
We like to sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the soup and have tortilla chips along with the soup, but that is up to you. Sometimes we make homemade potato skins to go with the soup.
Why this Easy Soup Recipe works:
- It is easy to prepare.
- With all the vegetables in this soup, it is a healthy dinner recipe.
- This soup makes a great "Meatless Monday" dinner.
- The soup cooks all day while you do whatever you need to do. It is a great "fix it and forget it" dinner recipe.
- Kids love it. Especially when you add some shredded mozzarella cheese to it. My daughter loves to dip whole-grain tortilla chips into the soup and eat it that way (adults also love to eat it this way!)
How to Make this Soup:
Slice up the carrots and celery thin. The thinner they are, the quicker they cook.
Recipe Tip: I like to use a mandoline slicer to cut up the carrots and celery. I love using it because it cuts them uniform in size, and the job gets done quickly.
Slice up the onion into small pieces and add it to the carrots and celery. Next, mix in the frozen corn. Place all the veggies in the crockpot and give everything a good stir.
Next, add the garlic powder and pour in the vegetable broth and crushed tomatoes. Give everything a good stir again. Almost done...
Last, cover your crockpot, set it to high and you are good to go. Your delicious and nutritious soup will be ready in 4-6 hours. A good way to tell if the soup is done is if the vegetables are soft and tender (especially the carrots because they take the longest to cook).
Serving the Soup:
Once cooked, pour the soup into your bowls and serve. We like to sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese over the soup. It melts over the hot soup. This is totally optional...the soup tastes great either way. If you like cheese, you will probably love it sprinkled over this soup like I do!
You can serve the soup on its own or along with whole-grain tortilla chips or homemade potato skins like we do. Either way, you will have a delicious, warm dinner.
It is so nice to come home on a chilly day to soup cooking in the crockpot...the delicious smell fills up your home. And, with using your crockpot, the soup is ready to go at dinner time...what a great feeling that is!
This soup is one of my favorite dinners to make on cold days. I could have this for dinner every week during the winter!
Have extra soup? Store any leftover soup in your refrigerator for three to four days. It makes a great lunch! If you would like to keep it longer, pour the soup in a covered airtight container and place it in your freezer for four to six months.
Make-Ahead tip: Do the prep work the night before. You can cut up the vegetables, store them in the refrigerator in a covered container and just add them into your crockpot with the rest of the ingredients the next morning!
I would love it if you would follow me on Instagram and Pinterest for all of my recipes.
Did you make this recipe? If so, please leave a comment and rating below. I love hearing from you.
Crockpot Vegetable Soup
- crock pot
- 6-8 medium sized carrots
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced small
- 2 cups frozen corn, unthawed
- 1 container vegetable broth, 32 ounces
- 1 can crushed tomatoes, 28 ounces
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder
- mozzarella cheese, shredded (optional)
- tortilla chips (optional)
- Cut up the carrots, celery and onion and place them into the crockpot.6-8 medium sized carrots, 1 stalk celery, sliced, 1 onion, sliced small
- Add the corn in with the other vegetables.2 cups frozen corn, unthawed
- Add in the garlic powder. Pour the vegetable broth and crushed tomatoes into the crockpot over the vegetables.1 container vegetable broth, 32 ounces, ¾ teaspoon garlic powder, 1 can crushed tomatoes, 28 ounces
- Stir ingredients together.
- Cover and turn on high for 4-6 hours.
- Serve, topped with cheese and crushed tortilla chips. Enjoy!mozzarella cheese, shredded, tortilla chips
- I like to use my mandoline slicer to cut up the carrots and celery. I love using it because it cuts them uniform in size and the job gets done quickly.
- Do the prep work the night before. You can cut up the vegetables, store them in the refrigerator in a covered container and just add them into your crockpot with the rest of the ingredients the next morning!
Update Note: This recipe was published again in 2021 to include improved step-by-step directions and photos.
I love how clean and uncluttered your website is! And looks like great recipes to serve regularly. Can't wait to try a few of them.
And your photography is gorgeous!!!
Thanks for your kind words! I hope you do try them. Enjoy!
I recently made this soup for my family. They all loved it and asked me to make it again soon!
Thanks so much for letting me know you and your family loved this soup recipe! It is one of my favorites also!