I am a big fan of banana muffins and banana bread. The great thing about making banana muffins and/or banana bread is that you can add so many different things to the recipe, make it just a little different each time and have a something delicious to eat.
Plus it is great to use up those bananas that get over ripe. :o) This recipe for Chocolate Raspberry Banana Muffins is a one of my favorites. I love chocolate and raspberries together so this recipe is at the top of the list for banana baking recipes in my house.
This recipe is similar to my recipe for Dark Chocolate Raspberry Banana Bread, just as muffins instead. With this muffin recipe, I bake them at 425°F for five minutes and then while they are still in the oven, decrease the temperature to 375°F and bake 13-14 minutes more.
With doing this, the muffins rise a bit more. Just make sure you fill the muffin cups to the top also! By doing this, you should have beautiful chocolaty muffins with sweet raspberry flavor…yumm!
Well, I am going to go have one of these delicious muffins with a nice cup of coffee. Muffins are great because they can be a wonderful weekend breakfast, a dessert or an afternoon treat. If you would like to see more of my recipes, please follow me on Instagram.
Did you make this recipe? If so, please leave a comment and rating below. I love hearing from you.
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup Hershey’s cocoa powder special dark
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons butter softened to room temperature
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs room temperature
- ⅓ cup milk room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 ½ cup fresh raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- In a medium bowl, blend together the flour, cocoa, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and softened butter with either the back of a fork or a pastry blender. Set aside.
- Mash the bananas and place in large mixing bowl.
- Add the eggs to the mixing bowl one at a time, beating after each one. Then add the milk and vanilla. Mix all ingredients until combined well.
- Slowly blend the dry ingredients with the banana mixture just until mixed completely. Do not over mix.
- Add in the chocolate chips. Mix in for only about 5 seconds.
- Gently fold in the raspberries with a spatula.
- Fill up each muffin liner to the top.
- Bake at 425°F for minutes for 5 minutes.
- While muffins are still in the oven, reduce the temperature to 375°F and bake for an additional 13-14 minutes.
- Cool before serving.