Looking for a quick and easy dinner? This Chicken Garden Pasta Salad is one that is sure to please! Cheese, chicken, veggies, and pasta - what's not to love?
This recipe works well for a busy night when you just don’t have a lot of time to make dinner. If you don’t want to use a rotisserie chicken, you can cook up about a pound of chicken breast instead.
- Cooked Pasta - I use rotini pasta
- Parmesan Cheese, grated
- Mozzarella Cheese, shredded or diced
- Grape Tomatoes, sliced
- Dark Greens - spinach, romaine, spring mix, arugula - whichever you prefer
- Rotisserie Chicken, cooked & shredded
- Balsamic Dressing - either store-bought or homemade balsamic dressing.
How to Make a Garden Pasta Salad with Chicken:
This is such a simple recipe to make.
You will need to cut up the cooked chicken for the salad and add it to the cooked noodles in a large bowl.
Next, slice up your tomatoes and mix them in with the noodles and chicken. I like to use grape tomatoes for this recipe. They have a sweeter taste and go well with this recipe.
Shred up some nice dark green romaine lettuce or spinach - whichever your family prefers. Toss together until everything is mixed together well.
Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese over the salad.
Drizzle the balsamic vinaigrette dressing on and serve. My kids prefer to drizzle ranch dressing on this. (I have had it with both dressings, and I have to say I like the salad with either dressing.) Maybe it depends on what I am in the mood for that day, but either one will be delicious.
This salad can be served warm or cold. If you need to make it ahead of time or have different "dinner shifts" with a busy family, it works to have it warm and refrigerate the rest for someone later on. A great easy dinner for a busy family.
Did you make this recipe? If so, please leave a comment and rating below. I love hearing from you.
- 12 oz. whole wheat pasta noodles I use rotini pasta
- 2 tablespoons. parmesan cheese grated
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded or diced
- 2 cups sliced grape tomato
- 1 cup dark greens spinach, romaine, whichever you prefer
- 1 rotisserie chicken cooked
- Balsamic dressing
- Cook the noodles following the directions on the package.
- Cut up the chicken.
- In a large bowl, add the noodles, chicken, tomato, and greens. Mix all ingredients well.
- Sprinkle with the mozzarella and parmesan cheese
- Serve with balsamic vinaigrette dressing