These Blue Cheese Burgers are a great twist on the regular grilled hamburger. If you like blue cheese, you will love these easy-to-make burgers!
Summer grilling season is here and there is nothing better than a nice juicy burger hot off the grill! And these Blue Cheese Burgers are one of our favorites to make!
The master of the grill is my wonderful husband. This recipe is one of his creations that I wanted to share with you!
What makes this burger recipe better than others? We added some blue cheese dressing to add some flavor to the burgers. And if you love blue cheese (like me!), you can always add more blue cheese dressing on top of the hamburger once it is cooked.
How to make Blue Cheese Burgers:
Beat the egg in a medium to large-sized bowl. Add in the garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
Then add in blue cheese, beef, and bread crumbs. Mix all ingredients together well.
Place a piece of parchment paper on your counter to make an easy to clean up work area. Form into four equal-sized hamburger patties.
My husband loves to use a hamburger press to make a nice, perfectly shaped burger. It also helps keep the burger from falling apart because it packs it in tightly. My husband uses it each time he makes burgers.
Rub each side of the hamburger patties with olive oil. This step prevents them from sticking to the grill.
Place them on the grill and cook for 8 to 10 minutes for each side. If you are adding cheese slices, add them to the burgers at the last two minutes so they can melt nicely.
Once cooked, place each burger on a bun. If you are looking for more blue cheese, because you love blue cheese and well, why not…drizzle a little more over your burger.
Then we usually add some lettuce, tomato, and pickles and you have yourself one delicious grilled hamburger!
Rub each side of the burger with olive oil to prevent them from sticking to the grill.
For a low-carb option, omit the roll.
Looking for a great side dish to go with these burgers?
Are you are on Instagram? If you are, follow me...I share all of my recipes there! Enjoy your day and happy grilling!
If you made this recipe, I would love to hear how you liked it in the comments/rating below. Thanks so much!
Blue Cheese Burgers
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup blue cheese dressing
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 3/4 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- olive oil, to coat hamburger patties
- cheese slices (we use mozzarella or colby jack)
- additional blue cheese dressing to drizzle, optional
- hamburger rolls
- lettuce, tomatoes, pickles (optional)
- Preheat the grill to medium heat (about 350 degrees).
- In a large bowl, add in the egg, seasonings, blue cheese dressing, beef and bread crumbs.
- Mix all ingredients together well. Form into four equal sized hamburger patties.
- Rub each hamburger patty with olive oil to prevent sticking to the grill.
- Cook on grill 8 to 10 minutes, then flip and cook an additional 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add cheese slices at the last two minutes, optional.
- Place hamburgers on rolls. Drizzle with additional blue cheese, optional. Garnish lettuce, tomatoes and pickles, optional.
Update Note: This recipe was originally posted earlier in 2018, but was published again in 2022 to include step by step directions and new photos.