Do you ever just need a quick pick me up…or something different to add to your kids lunchbox? These No-Bake Energy Bites are just the thing for that.
They also make a great after school snack! These little treasures of a snack are a bit hit with my family and when I make them they tell me I should make them more often.
Filled with ingredients that have many great health benefits, they not only taste great but are also great for your body...the walnuts, ground flaxseed, cinnamon. I love the smell of cinnamon. It’s one of my favorites scents…I recently read about a study that the scent of cinnamon can actually boost brain activity! For some reason the scent of this spice just makes me feel happier…do you have a baking or cooking scent that does that for you?
These No-Bake Energy Bites are so simple to make. Just melt the peanut butter and honey together until they are completely melted, stirring often. In a separate bowl, mix together the oats, walnuts and ground flaxseed.
Add in the cinnamon…take in that beautiful scent! Pour the peanut butter and honey mix over the dry ingredients. Mix together until all ingredients are combined well. Fold in the mini chocolate chips. Most likely, they will melt from the heat. But you will still taste the chocolate and peanut butter mix…Yumm!
Once all the ingredients are mixed together, cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. This will help with rolling them into balls. When making the balls, using a small cookie scoop gets the job done much faster. I use this one that measures one tablespoon for each scoop.
If you make them about one inch each in size, you should get about 18-20. After you have each one shaped into a ball press a few mini chocolate chips to them or roll them in the mini chocolate chips for a little extra sweetness!
Store them back in the refrigerator as they are best served chilled. That’s it…no baking or spending hours in the kitchen. Just a nice, quick recipe to make…just as quick as they are made they will be eaten!
Cover and store them in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Did you make this recipe? If so, please leave a comment and rating below. I love hearing from you.
No Bake Energy Bites
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- ¼ cup finely chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- Melt the peanut butter and honey until completely melted and combined, stirring often.
- In a separate bowl, combine the oats, walnuts and ground flaxseed. Add in the cinnamon and mix well.
- Pour the peanut butter and honey mix over the dry ingredients. Mix together until all the ingredients are combined. Fold in the mini chocolate chips. The chocolate chips may melt from the heat of the peanut butter and honey mix.
- Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Once it is chilled, roll into one inch balls (best to use a cookie scoop that measures one tablespoon).
- If desired, press a few mini chocolate chips to the balls or roll them in mini chocolate chips.
- Store in refrigerator, covered, for up to a week.