This recipe for Chicken Parmesan is a family favorite here in my house. It has one ingredient that you might not guess that gives it a little different taste…Chili Sauce. I use Heinz Chili Sauce instead of pasta sauce. It gives just a little different flavor to the dinner than using regular pasta sauce. Give it a try and let me know what you think…
Two great things about this recipe are that it is quick and easy to make…AND it will cost you less than $15 to feed this meal to your family. (Based on a family of four) I am starting a new section here on my blog that will include meals that cost $15 or less for a family of four. Some are recipes that I have already posted on here and I will continue to add more to the list. In my home, we love delicious meals, but also love to not break the bank when shopping for those meals! So I thought it would be good to share a bunch of great recipes to feed our families that are reasonably priced! So, for these types of recipes, just look for the “Budget Meals” tab on my blog. :o)
To make this recipe, preheat your oven to 400 degrees. In a bowl, mix together the Italian seasoned bread crumbs and grated parmesan cheese. Coat the chicken with the bread crumb mixture and place it in the baking dish. Place it in the oven and cook for 20 minutes. Pour the chili sauce evenly over the cooked chicken. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the sauce. Cook for an additional five minutes.
You can serve this with pasta and/or a nice green salad. Garnish with herbs if you like. Enjoy this meal that didn’t break the bank and tastes oh so yummy!
- 1 lb. boneless chicken breast pounded thin
- 1/3 cup whole wheat bread crumbs with Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 12 oz. jar Heinz Chili Sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Herbs to garnish if desired
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix together the bread crumbs and parmesan cheese in a bowl.
- Coat the chicken in the mixture.
- Place chicken in your baking dish.
- Cook for 20 minutes.
- Pour the chili sauce evenly over the chicken. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the sauce.
- Cook additional 5 minutes.
- Serve with salad or pasta.