The smell of warm pancakes on a cold winter morning…yumm. That is what we love especially on these cold winter mornings where we live. The smell warms up the house. My husband and I like to make different kinds of pancakes. My favorite…ok…two favorites are Raspberry Chocolate Chip and Chocolate Chip. I thought I would share the Chocolate Chip with you since they are one of my favorites and the others will be shared soon so you can give them a try. What are your favorite pancakes?
When I bake, I like to use Bob’s Red Mill all-purpose flour. On the package it states “America’s Best Baking Flour” and I have to agree on that. The flour seems softer than other brands I have used. When using it for pancakes, they seem to turn out lighter and fluffier. They offer many products but the all- purpose flour is the one I use the most.
What is great about this recipe is not only are they nice light and fluffy pancakes but they are quick and easy to make. It only takes about 10 minutes to prepare the ingredients and about 30 minutes to cook the pancakes. We usually make them about three inches in diameter but make them any size you like. What is fun about making pancakes is you can make them into fun shapes for your kids. Our kids love having pancakes for breakfast. When baking or cooking for my family, I really like to know what I am putting in the food I am preparing. That is why I prefer to make the pancakes from scratch as opposed to using a box recipe that you can buy at the store. And it really doesn’t take that much longer to make! Hope you make these pancakes and enjoy them as much as we do. They are a perfect weekend breakfast!
Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2/3 cups chocolate chips regular or mini chocolate chips
- Heat the skillet to medium heat (350 degrees).
- Beat eggs in a medium sized bowl. Add in milk, vanilla and oil. Whisk together ingredients.
- Add flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Mix well. Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using a spoon, drop batter on heated skillet to make about a three inch circle for each pancake (or what size you want to make them).
- Flip pancakes over once they are slightly browned. Cook each side one to two minutes.
- Serve warm with syrup.