This Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie Bowl is the perfect way to start your day. It is filling and delicious - loaded with bananas, peanut butter, and chocolate!
There are many foods that just go well together. The peanut butter and chocolate combo has to be at the top of the list - my Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies and my Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie are some of our favorite recipes - so I thought this would be a delicious combination to try for a smoothie bowl.
This is the second smoothie bowl that I have made for my family. It is so sweet and delicious…you will love to have it to start your day with or as an afternoon snack.
I will warn you, though…it is sweet. The chocolate. The peanut butter. If you love sweet foods, then this is perfect for you!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Smoothie Bowl Ingredients
- Chocolate - I used coarsely chopped chocolate for this instead of chocolate chips to use as a topping for this smoothie bowl. One reason is because I thought it would look prettier. The other reason is because that is what I happened to have in my house that day. You can take a sharp knife and coarsely chop it or use a vegetable peeler and make pretty curls. Chocolate chips work great too. It‘s your choice.
- Cocoa Powder - I use Hershey’s cocoa powder to make the smoothie nice and chocolaty.
- Peanut Butter - Creamy peanut butter. You could also use Almond Butter if that is what you prefer. A good, creamy nut butter will work well for this recipe.
- Greek Yogurt - Greek Yogurt has many health benefits for us. It is high in protein. Other health benefits of Greek Yogurt are probiotics, Vitamin B12, and calcium.
- Frozen Bananas - Bananas are a great fruit choice because they are high in essential vitamins and minerals and also high in fiber. I like to add bananas to a lot of my smoothies, including my Tropical Smoothie recipe.
- Toppings - Granola, chocolate, sliced bananas, and peanut butter.
Tip: I added a couple of frozen bananas to this smoothie bowl. A little tip…peel the bananas before freezing them. I learned that the hard way when I made my Berry Banana Smoothie Bowl. The first time I froze a banana, I took it out to peel it, and that was not an easy task!
Another tip for making smoothie bowls is to chill your bowl while you are preparing your smoothie ingredients. That will help it stay cold longer.
Smoothie bowls are great for breakfast or a healthy snack. This one could be eaten on its own or shared with someone special. I had a little extra and placed it covered in my fridge until the next day.
How to Make a Chocolate Smoothie Bowl
To make this smoothie bowl, combine all the ingredients in your blender and blend until smooth. It will be thick. If you would like it thinner, add more milk. The consistency will look like soft serve ice cream. Then scoop it into your chilled bowl.
Now the fun part…the toppings. Make sure you get all the toppings ready before you make the smoothie so you can add them while it is still cold. I used sliced banana, coarsely chopped chocolate, and granola to top it off. Feel free to use whatever makes you happy!
If you love peanut butter, then you might want to drizzle some peanut butter over it for an extra pop of peanut butter flavor. ..and then when you are done, check out my recipe for Ultimate Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies, because I know how much you love peanut butter!
Tip: To get the peanut butter to a consistency that you can drizzle it, just warm it up in the microwave. Place it in a small microwave-safe bowl and heat it in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir it, and if it still is not thin enough to drizzle, then heat again in 15 second increments, stirring after each time. Then using a spoon, drizzle it lightly over the toppings.
And there you have it…a delicious, creamy smoothie bowl! Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe? If so, please leave a comment and rating below. I love hearing from you.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie Bowl
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 2 frozen bananas
- Coarsely chopped chocolate or chocolate chips
- banana sliced
- creamy peanut butter to drizzle, optional
- Place all ingredients in your blender.½ cup plain Greek yogurt, ¼ cup milk, 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter, 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed, 2 frozen bananas
- Blend until smooth.
- Scoop or pour into your bowl.
- Add the toppings.Granola, banana, Coarsely chopped chocolate or chocolate chips
- If drizzling with peanut butter, heat the peanut butter in a small microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds. Stir. If it is not thin enough, heat at 15 second increments until it is at your desired consistency. (Stir after each 15 seconds.)creamy peanut butter