This Goulash recipe is from my mom’s collection of dinners she made over the years for our family. This is a great recipe that makes a quick and simple dinner.
I did make a couple of changes from the original recipe… I use meatloaf mix in this recipe as it seems to bring in more flavor than just using ground beef. You can use either one; I just prefer the meatloaf mix. Speaking of more flavor, I like to use the fire roasted diced tomatoes in this goulash recipe. Again, plain diced tomatoes will do but if you would like a little more flavor, try the fire roasted diced tomatoes.
So here is how to make this delicious goulash. Cook the noodles following the directions on the box. Set them aside.
Cook the meat in a large skillet on the stove top on medium heat until browned; breaking up the meat into small pieces with a spatula as it cooks. Drain off the excess fat. Add in the green pepper and onion. Stir in the garlic powder. Mix the ingredients together well. Cook the meat, pepper, onion and garlic on medium heat until the meat is cooked through and the vegetables are tender. Once they are cooked, add in the diced tomatoes and noodles. Give it a good stir and simmer about ten minutes to fifteen minutes. Serve warm and enjoy!
- 1 lb. meatloaf mix
- 1 green pepper diced
- 1 small onion diced
- Diced tomatoes fire roasted 28 oz.
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 ounces pasta
- Cook noodles following the directions on the package.
- Cook the meat in a large skillet on medium heat until browned.
- Drain off the excess fat.
- Add in the green pepper and onion.
- Add the garlic powder and stir well.
- Cook on medium heat until the meat is cooked completely and veggies are tender.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes.
- Add the cooked noodles to the skillet.
- Stir all ingredients together well. Simmer on low heat for about ten minutes or so.