These Funfetti Waffles are a delicious treat to celebrate any special occasion. And what a great way to start a special day!
And with Mother’s Day just around the corner, this is a great kid-friendly recipe. They can help out making and serving them. And of course, eating them.
I was recently watching an episode of one of my favorite Food Network shows, The Kitchen and they were talking all about “funfetti recipes” by adding sprinkles to the recipes. Sprinkles make food look happier…is it just me or do you see that too?
There is something about the bright beautiful colors that dress up your food and make it look happier…so then you feel happier too. So that weekend we decided to add sprinkles to our Belgian Waffle recipe. We normally have them plain with adding some chocolate chips and sometimes strawberries. I will tell you when we had these Funfetti Waffles, I smiled as they were on my plate. True story!
These Waffles are really easy to make. Confession: my husband makes the waffles (and pancakes!) in our house. I don’t usually make them. But I have watched him and of course taste tested them enough times to share this recipe with you. How about in your house…who makes the pancakes and/or waffles?
One thing you will need to make these waffles is a good waffle maker. As for the ingredients, you probably have most if not all of them already in your house. Once you have all the ingredients mixed together, add in the sprinkles. We used three tablespoons. Pour the batter in one side of the waffle maker, flip it and let them cook for three minutes or until they are lightly browned.
It is best to serve them warm. And add more sprinkles, because why not?!
And to make your waffles look even more fun, try putting a nice round scoop of cool whip on them. The trick to get that look is to put your ice cream or cookie scoop in hot water and then scoop out your thawed cool whip. Looks like a perfect scoop on top of your waffle!
These Funfetti Waffles would be great for Mother’s Day, Father’s Day or someone’s birthday breakfast. Although, really, any day would be made happier with these for breakfast. You don’t need a special day.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 ¾ cups milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons sprinkles
- Additional sprinkles to sprinkle over the finished waffles
- Cool whip or whipped cream, optional
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Beat eggs in medium bowl, then add in the milk, oil and vanilla extract. Whisk together.
- Combine the egg mixture and the flour mixture. Mix in the sprinkles.
- Pour one cup of batter into one side of waffle maker.
- Close and flip the waffle maker. Cook for three minutes or until they are lightly browned.
- Serve warm, adding additional sprinkles.
- Top with cool whip or whipped cream (optional).