What is your favorite cookie? The one that is currently at the top of the list here at my house is this chocolate chip cookie recipe. They are soft, chewy, and so delicious!
Who doesn’t love a good chocolate chip cookie? Especially with a nice cold glass of milk. Yum! There are a couple of reasons why these cookies turn out so good.
One of the reasons why they are so good is because they have a hidden ingredient. Cornstarch. The cornstarch makes the cookies softer and thicker. I love adding cornstarch to my cookie recipes!
Another reason why I think these cookies are so good is because the recipe uses more brown sugar than white sugar. Using more brown sugar than granulated sugar makes the cookies less crispy and more of a softer, chewy cookie.
This recipe uses dark brown sugar, which makes them even softer. I have used light brown and dark brown when making these…usually depending on which one I happen to have in my pantry that day. Both will work with this recipe and give you amazing cookies that are soft, chewy, and oh so delicious!
I like to chill my cookie dough because the cookies seem to come out better. The dough doesn’t spread as much, and the cookies turn out thicker.
I would suggest chilling the dough for at least 2 hours or up to two days. (You can also roll the dough into cookie-sized balls (1 - 2 tablespoons) and freeze the dough. Just drop it on a cookie sheet and bake!) The nice part about chilling the cookie dough is that the mess of making the dough is cleaned up, and all you have to do is pull out great homemade cookie dough and bake!
And then, of course, eat them! I hope you love these as much as we do!
Did you make this recipe? If so, please leave a comment and rating below. I love hearing from you.
Our Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ¾ cup unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cup chocolate chips try milk chocolate chips, chocolate chunks, or mini m&ms
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a large bowl, beat the butter for a minute until smooth and creamy.
- Add the sugars and beat on medium speed until fluffy and light in color.
- Add egg and vanilla.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cornstarch, salt, baking soda, cinnamon.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet and mix until completely combined.
- Add in chocolate chips and mix just until combined throughout the dough.
- Cover the dough tightly and chill at least 2 hours and up to 2 days.
- Let the dough sit at room temp while oven is preheating to 350 degrees.
- Roll cookie balls with about one tablespoon of dough for each one. Place the cookie balls on the cookie sheet about two inches apart from each other.
- Bake 8-9 minutes at 350 degrees, until just golden brown around the edges.
- Let them cool for five minutes on cookie sheet.
- Transfer them to cooling racks to allow them to cool completely.