Summer is just about here…so it’s time to think about all those delicious summer time recipes we love to make! This one for Veggie Pasta Salad is one of those recipes. I first had this recipe when I was younger…I remember my sister-in-law making it and I loved it! I am the youngest of six kids so while one of my brothers was married with kids, I was just a kid myself. So once I was grown up and married as well, this is one of the recipes I had to start making for my family.
This is a great recipe to have with a hamburger on the grill. Need a great hamburger recipe? Check out our Barbecue Ranch Hamburger recipe. This one is my husband’s creation! :o)
I wrote this recipe as a portion size for a family of four. This is also a good one to take to those summer picnics and parties. If you were to do that, I would suggest doubling it. If you happen to make it for Memorial Day or Fourth of July, you might want to check out my red, white and blue M&M Kit Kat Cake recipe. If you love Kit Kat’s, M&M’s or just chocolate, you will love this cake as much as I do!
Veggie Pasta Salad
- 8 ounces cooked spaghetti noodles about half of the 16 ounce box
- 1 cucumber peeled and sliced (about one cup)
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes sliced
- 1 tablespoon Salad Supreme seasoning
- 1 cup Zesty Italian dressing
- Cook noodles as directed. Rinse under cold water and drain.
- Slice up the tomatoes, peel and slice the cucumbers.
- In a large bowl, combine the noodles, tomatoes and cucumbers. Sprinkle in the Salad Supreme seasoning. Pour in the Zesty Italian dressing. Gently stir until well combined.
- Cover and chill four hours or until ready to serve.
- Toss before serving. Drizzle a little more dressing and/or Salad Supreme seasoning on before serving, if desired.