Summer is just about here…so it’s time to think about all those delicious summertime recipes we love to make! This one for Veggie Pasta Salad is one of those recipes.
I first had this recipe when I was younger…I remember my sister-in-law making it and I loved it! I am the youngest of six kids so while one of my brothers was married with kids, I was just a kid myself. So once I was grown up and married as well, this is one of the recipes I had to start making for my family.
This is a great recipe to have with a hamburger on the grill. Need a great hamburger recipe? Check out our Barbecue Ranch Hamburger recipe. This one is my husband’s creation! :o)
I wrote this recipe as a portion size for a family of four. This is also a good one to take to those summer picnics and parties. If you were to do that, I would suggest doubling it. If you happen to make it for Memorial Day or the Fourth of July, you might want to check out my red, white, and blue M&M Kit Kat Cake recipe. If you love Kit Kat's, M&M’s or just chocolate, you will love this cake as much as I do!
Veggie Pasta Salad
- 8 ounces cooked spaghetti noodles about half of the 16 ounce box
- 1 cucumber peeled and sliced (about one cup)
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes sliced
- 1 tablespoon Salad Supreme seasoning
- 1 cup Zesty Italian dressing
- Cook noodles as directed. Rinse under cold water and drain.
- Slice up the tomatoes, peel and slice the cucumbers.
- In a large bowl, combine the noodles, tomatoes and cucumbers. Sprinkle in the Salad Supreme seasoning. Pour in the Zesty Italian dressing. Gently stir until well combined.
- Cover and chill four hours or until ready to serve.
- Toss before serving. Drizzle a little more dressing and/or Salad Supreme seasoning on before serving, if desired.