Grilled Bruschetta Chicken combines perfectly grilled chicken with juicy tomatoes, fresh basil, and melty mozzarella cheese. It's the perfect main dish to serve for dinner or to meal prep for easy lunches.
With the hot summer days coming to an end, we are taking advantage of the abundance of fresh tomatoes and basil, and making bruschetta as much as we can. Grilled Chicken Bruschetta is the perfect summer meal because it combines fresh ingredients with flavorful grilled chicken.
Classic bruschetta is an Italian appetizer with tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, fresh basil, and a drizzle of balsamic glaze. This Bruschetta Chicken Recipe combines juicy grilled chicken with melty mozzarella cheese and a delicious tomato bruschetta topping.
Bruschetta Chicken is a great low carb chicken dish to serve during the summer months, and it is a great way to use up buckets of tomatoes when summer time starts to get crazy.
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Italian Salad Dressing
- Chopped Fresh Tomatoes - I like to use cherry tomatoes, grape tomatoes, or Roma tomatoes.
- Red Onion, finely diced
- Chicken Marinade - Additional Italian Salad Dressing or a Mixture of Balsamic Vinegar, Lemon Juice, Olive Oil, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, and Italian Seasoning
- Finely Chopped Fresh Basil
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper and Sea Salt
- A Grill or Grill Pan
- A Meat Thermometer - I like to use an Instant Read Thermometer.
- Aluminum Foil - Preferably heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- A Mixing Bowl
How to Make It
I love adding some variety to my grilled chicken recipes, and this recipe is one of my favorites.
- Marinate the chicken in ½ cup Italian dressing in the refrigerator for two to four hours.
- Preheat the grill to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the chopped tomatoes, ¼ cup Italian dressing, red onion, and finely chopped basil.
- Place the seasoned chicken on foil, folding up the edges to contain the marinade. Cook on the grill for 8-10 minutes. Flip the chicken, add a slice of cheese to each piece of chicken and scoop the tomato mixture over the chicken. Cook for an additional 8-10 minutes.
- Top with a drizzle of balsamic reduction or a drizzle of tangy balsamic glaze and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
The internal temperature of the chicken should be 165°F.
- If you don't have Italian dressing to marinate the chicken, you can make a homemade marinade using garlic powder, onion powder, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Italian seasoning, salt, and black pepper.
- Make sure to cook your chicken until the internal temperature is 165°F.
How to Store Leftover Bruschetta Chicken
Leftover grilled chicken should be stored in an airtight container. To reheat the chicken, you can heat it in the microwave or toast it in the air fryer.
What to Serve with Bruschetta Chicken
- Garlic Bread
- Antipasto Pasta Salad
- A Strawberry Spinach Salad - Use up some more of the fresh vegetables from your garden, pick up some strawberries from the farmer's market, and make a delicious salad.
More Grill Recipes
Grilling season is one of my favorite times of the year. The food is always so delicious and fresh. Here are some of my favorite recipes from the grill:
- Blue Cheese Grilled Potatoes
- Spicy Grilled Potato Slices
- Blue Cheese Burgers
- Ranch Burgers
- Barbecue Pork Chops
Did you make this recipe? If so, please leave a comment and rating below. I love hearing from you.
Grilled Bruschetta Chicken
- mixing bowls
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast thinly sliced into four servings
- ½ cup Italian salad dressing for the chicken marinade
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes chopped
- ¼ cup Italian salad dressing for the tomatoes
- ½ small red onion optional
- 2 tablespoons basil finely sliced
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese 1 per piece of chicken
- balsamic glaze to drizzle on the chicken if desired
- black pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- Marinate the chicken in ½ cup Italian dressing for two to four hours.1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast, ½ cup Italian salad dressing
- Preheat the grill to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the chopped tomatoes, ¼ cup Italian dressing, diced red onion, and finely chopped basil.2 cups cherry tomatoes, ¼ cup Italian salad dressing, ½ small red onion, 2 tablespoons basil
- Place the seasoned chicken on foil, folding up the edges to contain the marinade.
- Cook on the grill for 8-10 minutes. Flip the chicken, add a slice of cheese to each piece of chicken and scoop the tomato mixture over the chicken.4 slices mozzarella cheese
- Cook for an additional 8-10 minutes.Top with a drizzle of balsamic reduction or a drizzle of tangy balsamic glaze and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.balsamic glaze, black pepper, salt
Looking for More Ways to Use Up Summer Tomatoes?
If your garden is anything like mine in the summer, you probably have so many tomatoes that you are running out of things to do with them. Here are some more of my favorite tomato recipes: