This recipe has been one of our traditional cookies that we make each year for Christmas. It is a sweet and salty kind of cookie so if you like that type of combination, you’ll love these! I remember my sister-in-law making it when I was younger. When I was older and making my own cookies, this was put at the top of the list of cookies to make for Christmas. My husband gave them the name “Reindeer Poop” when he first had them. Then, yes, the name stuck. So, in my house the lovely name for this delicious cookie is… Reindeer Poop. I could not put it out there with this name though…but wanted to include it since this recipe blog is for my family. :o) But for sharing it on my blog, it will be Chocolate Chow Mein Noodle Cookies. You decide which one you like better. ;o)
It only needs four ingredients and does not take that long to make. Which in my opinion, is great especially at this busy time of the year! And combining chocolate and butterscotch together…yumm!
You just need to melt the chocolate and butterscotch chips together in a medium sized pot on the stovetop with low heat or in the microwave. Either way, make sure you stir often and watch it so it does not overcook. It should look smooth when ready. Quickly fold in the chow mein noodles and peanuts until noodles and peanuts are covered completely.
Scoop up about a tablespoon and drop onto a covered baking sheet. Chill until set, about 20 minutes. Store cookies covered at either room temperature or in the refrigerator.
Christmas Chow Mein Noodle Cookies
- 1 package milk chocolate chips
- 1 package butterscotch chips
- 12 ounce package chow mein noodles
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- Cover baking sheet with parchment paper, foil or wax paper.
- Melt the chocolate and butterscotch chips in a medium sized pot with low heat on the stovetop or in the microwave. Stir often.
- Once the chips are melted and smooth, fold in the chow mein noodles and peanuts. Stir until completely covered.
- Scoop up about a tablespoon and drop onto covered baking sheet.
- Chill until set, about 20 minutes.
- Store covered at room temperature or in the refrigerator.